Ever since I was little I have always wanted to visit Italy. My great great grandparents came over from Italy back in the 20’s. My grandparents were the coolest people! Italy is also the home of the Catholic Church. Italy has half of the world’s works of art and since I love art it would be a really cool thing to go see. Italy is also the birth place of many of my favorite foods such as: pizza, ice cream cone, and pasta!
Italy is located in the Northern hemisphere. So, its longitude is latitude of 41 50' N and longitude of 12 29' E. It is a peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea. The Dolomite Mountains are in northern Italy. The Apennine Mountains are in the center. Sicily and Sardinia are islands that are a part of Italy.
There is allot of Sight-Seeing to do in Italy. Here are some of the many attractions. Catacombs are in Italy. Italy has several fascinating catacombs, underground burial tunnels that you can visit. A lot of Italy’s catacombs have skeletons of early Christian burials. Sicily has mummified bodies from the nineteenth century. Leonardo da Vinci was a major painter, scientist, architect, and Renaissance man. Leonardo da Vinci created many works of art which are all over Italy in buildings, drawings, and blueprints for a lot of the world's technological milestones. Most of Leonardo's masterpieces reside in museums outside of Italy, there are still many that are still in Italy.
Italy hardly ever gets snow so anytime would be great with me. If I had to pick a month to visit I would probably pick July is one of the best months for festivals in Italy. Sienna has its famous Palio and one of my favorites is the Festa de la Madonna Bruna. You'll find food festivals, medieval festivals, and lots of fireworks including the World Fireworks Championships. There are also many music festivals in July.
Italy has been represented through many different things throughout my whole life that it would be a shame not to go there. Italian is who I am and I am proud of it! I will visit Italy someday and when I do it will be so exciting for me.
The Miracle Worker
In the Miracle Worker there are many different characters. Each character has a different point of view and a different way of telling the story. I sympathize with Annie the most because she was Helen’s teacher and she was the only one in the house hold who put Helen’s brain to work. If it weren’t for Annie, Helen would have never opened up and showed her capability. Helen was closed off, shut, from the rest of the world. Until Annie came and showed Helen who was boss and made her use her talents.
Annie was partially blind, while Helen was both blind and deaf, so Annie and Helen could relate to each other. When Helen was being stubborn and wouldn’t listen, Annie was there to put her in place. Even when Helen tried to stay safe by running to her mom, Annie knew what Helen was doing and she knew that she wouldn’t put up with it. The only logical thing for Annie to do when Helen acted up is to calm Helen down and to get her back on the right track.
Obesity Q and A
1 What is the main reason people become overweight or obese?
If you take in more calories than are required by your body on a daily basis those extra calories will be converted into fat. If this continues over a long period of time, it will lead to overweight or obesity.
2 What are other possible causes of obesity?
Most people don’t realize that there are other, hidden causes that can contribute to one's tendency to become overweight or obese. There are some factors in how much weight you gain. The sad part about it is that we have no control over these hidden factors. For example, some of these hidden factors could be illness which may lead to weight gain, such as Cushing's disease. Certain medications like steroids and antidepressants can also cause weight gain.
3 Is there any good news?
The good news is, regardless of the cause or causes of your obesity, this is also including any uncontrollable contributing factors, controlling or calorie intake and increasing activity levels is an effective way for almost anyone to reach and maintain a healthier weight.
4 What are some of the risks of obesity?
Morbid obesity may lead to a shorter life span and an incidence of life-threatening health conditions; these are frequently referred to as co-morbidities. Recent studies have shown that the risk of an early death for those struggling with obesity is twice that of a non-obese person. With treatment, chances are better for enjoying healthy activities and a longer life. Dedicating yourself to effective treatment is necessary for better health. Finding that treatment begins with learning how weight affects you.
5 What are some obesity-related health conditions?
Bariatric surgery may be right for you if you find yourself struggling with one or more obesity-related health conditions. When choosing to have bariatric surgery, the choice should be made based on discussions between you and your doctor, including goals and strategy for long-term care. A good resource to understand how patients are chosen for surgery is as follows: Patient selection for bariatric surgery is based on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) criteria- 100 pounds or more above ideal body weight or a BMI of 40 or greater BMI of 35 or greater with one or more obesity-related health condition Other factors your doctor may consider include: History of documented dietary weight loss attempts Lifelong commitment to dietary, exercise, and medical guidelines and follow-up care Psychological evaluation
6 2005 Obesity Statistics
USA Obesity Rates Reach Epidemic Proportions
3 million morbidly obese people, 40 million obese people, 58 million overweight people Eight out of 10 over the age of 25 are overweight78% of Americans are not meeting the basic activity level recommendations25% of Americans are completely sedentary76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults aged 30-40 since 1990
7 Childhood Metabolic and Heart Risks
A new study suggests that one in four overweight children is already showing early signs of type II diabetes 60% already have one risk factor for heart disease.
8 Surge in Childhood Diabetes
Between 8% - 45% of all newly diagnosed cases of childhood diabetes are type II, associated with obesity.4% of Childhood diabetes was type II in 1990, that number has risen to approximately 20% depending upon the age group (Type II most frequently afflicted ages 10-19) and the racial/ethnic mix of group stated. Of Children diagnosed with Type II diabetes, 85% are obese. These are all increasing factors.
Directions: Answer the following multiple choice questions with the correct corresponding letter that best fits the sentence.
1.) One might describe Miss Maudie as _______ because she is very friendly and sociable with Scout.
A) Vexation C) Truant
B) Amiable D) Feeble
2.) Even with his boring attributes, Atticus would not remain as _______ as we wished him to be; that year the school was filled with rumors about him defending Tom Robinson, and almost all of it was negative.
A) Inconspicuous C) Morbid
B) Profane D) Baffled
3.) Atticus said he was too _______ to play football for the Methodists.
A) Guileless C) Feeble
B) Provocation D) Bedecked
4.) The remainder of the school year was no more _______ than the first; I continued to have problems especially with my educational experiences.
A) Ramshackle C) Malignant
B) Auspicious D) Profane
5.) To restrict property by limiting the inheritance to the owner of the property or to a certain class is classified as _______.
A) Quell C) Chattel
B) Inquisitive D) Entailment
6.) When Jem passed our tree he gave it a ______ pat on its cement and stayed deep in thought for quite some time.
A) Morbid C) Apothecary
B) Meditative D) Adenosine
7.) Atticus said that the Ewells were members of an exclusive society made up of Ewells and Ewells only. In certain circumstances the common folk ________ allowed them certain privileges.
A) Perpetrate C) Vexation
B) Apothecary D) Judiciously
8.) We had walked to the front yard, where Dill stood looking at the ________ house of the Radleys.
A) Dreary C) Truant
B) Baffle D) Scrawl
9-10.) According to Uncle Jack, one should not use ________ language unless there is extreme _______ connected with them.
A) Truant, Provocation C) Entailment, Quibble
B) Profane, Quell D) Profane, Provocation
Georges Seurat was born on December 2, 1859 in Paris, France. His father Antoine Chrysostom Seurat was a native to Champagne, and his mother Ernestine Faivre was a Parisian. He also had a brother and a sister, Emile and Marie-Berthe.
Georges first studied art by taking drawing lessons with sculptor Justin Lequiene and then continued his education at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. His first art studio was shared with two friends. Later he moved to a studio of his own.
In 1883 Seurat devoted himself to his first major work - a huge painting titled Bathers at Asnieres. Unfortunately, the painting was refused for exhibition at the Paris Salon of 1884.
After the rejection of his Bathers painting by the Salon, Seurat turned to the independent artists of Paris. In that same year he and other artists formed the Societe des Artistes Independants. It was during that time when he began to develop his ideas about pointillism. This new method of painting used dots instead of brush strokes to create the picture. He felt that this technique would make the colors more brilliant and powerful than those created with brush strokes.
In the summer of 1884 Seurat began work on his large-scale pointillist work A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. The painting took him two years to complete.
After completing La Grande Jatte, Seurat consciously sought to expand the expressive range of his work. He became interested in motion and in the emotional quality of linear rhythms. Seurat's friend, the esthetician Charles Henry, encouraged and shared these interests, which are reflected in La Parade made from 1887 to 1888, and La Chahut made from 1889 to 1890, and the Circus witch he never finished. In contrast to the formality of La Grande Jatte, these works contain moving figures, sparkling lights, and a generally lyric atmosphere. In spite of this expanded content, however, Seurat did not relinquish his methodical, scientific technique. He continued to work slowly, carefully developing his theories and producing numerous drawings and oil studies for each painting.
Georges Seurat died on March 29, 1891. He completed 7 large-scale paintings and about 500 smaller ones during his lifetime. His most important works include Bathers at Asnieres, The Circus and A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, which is considered his most celebrated work.
Because of his painstaking working process, Seurat completed relatively few major paintings. Throughout his life, however, he was a tireless and consummate draftsman. As a student, he made drawings of classical sculpture, architectural motifs, and the human figure. Many of these are reminiscent of the touch and style of Ingres. But by the early 1880s Seurat began to evolve a more personal style, generally employing Conté crayon and an unusually high-grain paper. The range of feeling in these drawings is extraordinary—and occasionally surprising in comparison to the rather cool tenor of his paintings.
My Bucket List
1) Point at someone and shout "Your one of them!" Run and pretend to trip. Crawl away slowly.
2) Run up to someone random on the street and slap them with a loaf of bread.
3) Look at see through glass and when someone is on the other side shout "OH MY GOD, I'M HIDEOUS!"
4) Go to McDonalds and ask for a happy meal with extra happy.
5) Walk up to a small child that resembles you, and tell them that you are them from the future.
6) Bring a desk on an elevator. When people try to get on ask if they have an appointment.
7) Put a Dora doll in the middle of Walmart. When someone tries to pick it up yell "SWIPER NO SWIPING".
8) Go up to a random lady with a daughter and say her son is adorable.
9) Blow up a balloon, then ask someone to pop it, when they do, start screaming.
10) Go to a library and ask for a book on how to read.
11) Fill your mouth with whipped cream, and then run down the street screaming "I HAVE RABIES".
12) Come late to school and when the teacher asks why say your pet rock had a seizure.
13) Go to petsmart and buy bird seed. Then ask the clerk how long it will take the birds to grow.
14) If skinny people skinny dip what do fat people do? Chunky Dunk?
15) Go jump on a random guys back and yell (THE SKY IS FALLING RUN MAN RUN) and see what happens.
16) Go to Walmart, find a random old guy and yell, "GRANDPA! YOUR STILL ALIVE! ITS A MIRACLE".
17) Run through a police station and yell " I finally escaped from prison!" .
18) Shout "For Narnia!" and charge into a store, knocking over everything in your way.
19) Throw a small plastic ball at some body and then yell "get in your ball you stupid Pokémon.
20) Throw a watermelon in front of someone. Then get on your knees, grab your hair and scream "NOOO!"
21) Name your hair George, then go to the salon and be upset that they killed him.
22) Dress up as Ronald McDonald and go to burger king.
23) Sit on a curb with a stuffed animal and scream at it about how it ruined your life.
24) Buy an ice cream, ask the cashier if they believe in unicorns then squish the cone on your forehead.
25) Buy an ice cream cone, stick it on top of someone's head and yell "Why did you steal my ice cream?"
26) Go up to random people at the mall, show them your ID, and say, "HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?!"
27) Go to weight watchers with a bag of cookies.
28) When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won! I Won!" "I Won! I Won!"
29) Make "No Dumping - Violators Will Be Prosecuted" signs and put them in public bathroom stalls.
30) Go to a Chinese restaurant and ask for Mexican food.
31) Go to a cloths store, walk into the dressing room. Walk out and ask where the toilet paper is!
32) Call a chicken place and ask how big there breast are.
33) Dress up as Ronald McDonald and go apply for a job at burger king.
34) Glue yourself to the ceiling and when someone walks by spit on them.
35) Walk up to somebody and say "I’m not wearing any pants" People will look down 99% of the time.
36) Go in an elevator and then make peek-a-boo sounds when the doors open and close.
37) Go to a fast food restraint and ask for a crabby patty, I they say no throw a fit.
38) Dress up like a grandma and break dance in Walmart.
39) Tie hot wheels cars to the bottom of your cat/dog's feet.
40) Follow strangers around a store and spray everything they touch with disinfectant.
41) Sing to public plants if anyone asks what you're doing scream and run.
42) In a public place, hold up a box of cheerios and yell "FREE DONUT SEEDS!”
43) Go to an Italian restaurant dressed up as Mario. See what happens.
44) Go to Wal-Mart; buy a cucumber and some KY jelly. Notice the look on the cashier's face.
52) Ring a random doorbell and when they answer just stare at them.
53) Throw glue sticks at random people walking down the street and see if it sticks to them!
54) Run up to someone in Walmart and say U AINT GOT NO PANCAKE MIX!
55) Go to a pet shop, buy birdseed, and ask how long it will take to grow.
56) Sniff a random person then stare at them for a while then say "your one of them".
57) Paint your hand blue and go around saying "I killed surf!"
58) Go to an airport and say Can I go in your suitcase to every person you see.
59) Find a midget on a street asks him to go up to people and say can I have $20 I'm a bit short.
60) Call a random phone number and yell, "Where is my fried chicken dude?!"
61) Go to kick and ask the way to McDonalds.
62) Do you see that butterfly mooing over there... or is it just me? (Click LOL).
63) Go to a clothes store, go in the front window and pretend to be a manikin.
64) When in an elevator with only one other person, stare at them and breathe heavily.
65) Call someone to tell them you can't talk right now.
66) Dress up as harry potter and stalk someone all day shouting random spells at them.
67) Make an old lady help you across the street.
68) Open a window and yell ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!
69) Go to McDonalds and ask for directions to KFC.
70) In Wall-mart: Make a trail of orange juice on the ground, leading to the restrooms.
71) Go to the store. Start Rolling around on the floor. Scream "Clean up on Aisle 3!"
72) Go to mc. Donald’s and ask for fries without the potatoes.
73) Go to McDonalds and order diet water, drink it, do a spit take, and yell, I SAID DIET!
74) Come running out of the zoo yelling "I'M FREE! I'M FREE!"
75) Go to a store, and leave a trail of orange juice leading to the bathrooms.
76) Ask pizza hut to deliver water.
77) Go to a clothing store, hide in a rack, and when people are browsing through, and yell, “PICK ME!
78) See if you can get a Wal-Mart clerk to sell you just one M&M. |
79) Tie a rock to a string and take it for a walk. Every now and then yell "Bad boy, Fluffy!"
80) Throw a Pokémon ball at your teachers head and scream "gotta catch em all".
81) Spit at a llama...How it feels NOW you Darn LLAMA!
82) Stand on the side of the road with a hair dryer and point it at cars.
83) Go to the cinema and shout "HE'S THE MURDERER!" whenever someone new comes on screen.
84) KLFHJNEAJHVHJSAFVJHLASGKJDZFFJE...sorry there was just a spider on the keyboard.
85) Hide in a public bathroom stall and when someone walks in, say "Ah young one, Welcome to Narnia."".
86) Hug a tree and when people walk by you say "were having a moment".
87) Convince a fat guy to give you 10,000$ for a giant cheese burger.
88) Go around the city park licking trees and if anyone asks say you’re marking your territory.
89) ask a librarian if they have a book on learning to read.
90) Hire a taxi. When the man asks you where you want to go, say "To infinity, and beyond".
91) Take a stuffed animal to the vet.
92) Attack you neighbors with an army of garden comes!
93) Go to wall-mart and ask if you can hold a gun. If they say no, ask where the anti-depressants are.
94) Take your computer to a vet and say it needs a checkup.
95) Ask the manager of a McDonalds where the nearest Burger King is.
96) Enter an elevator with people and sing and dance to "Peanut Butter Jelly Time."
97) Go to your neighbors house then ask to use their toilet, then wait 5 seconds and say never mind.
98) Walk around with a blow dryer and ask people if they want a blow job.
99) Hide in a clothing rack in Walmart and when somebody goes by YELL "PICK ME PICK ME".
100) Walk around the mall five times talking to a carrot and see how many people look at you funny.